Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Perfect Summer Weekend!

Weekends.. They always end too soon.. even the long ones! The weather was wonderful (its about time) with temps in the 80's.. On sat. my friend, Karen & I took the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard for the day. It was a very nice (but long) day. We chose to take the traditional ferry rather than the high speed one because of the price... SO we had a 2 hour boat ride in each direction.. It was not bad though. We left New Bedford at 8:00AM and arrived in Oak Bluffs at 10:00 AM. The one problem with the traditional ferry is the schedule.. we would not be ready to leave the Island at 3:30PM..And the next ferry wasn't until 8:30PM..needless to say, we arrived back in New Bedford at 10:30pm (very tired. It was a great day though & I wouldn't have changed a thing!
Today. after waking up unusually early for me.. Especially for a Sunday (you would think that I would have slept in after the day trip to the Vineyard..) I went to the BEACH (yeah!!!) with my friends Danielle & Kathie, Danielle's son, Jack, Kathie's Son, Sammy & Sammy's cousin, Amber. We went to Demarest Lloyd State Park in Dartmouth, MA. It is a great beach for kids because it's small & the water is very shallow. We stayed at the beach for about 3 hours.. which was plenty of sun & sand for the boys (as well at the teenager & the adults). Later in the afternoon, after I went food shopping, I made some cards (one of my hobbies). I have decided that I will scan & upload the cards I make for swaps so I will have record of them. They will be posted on my Flickr page for anyone interested (click "My Photos" link.. As well at pictures from Martha's Vineyard & Demarest Lloyd. Well. I suppose it is time to get ready for bed & deal w/ the inevitable rapidly approaching.. Dreaded MONDAY MORNING.

2 comments:

LarryandJean said...

Oh, that sounds like a positively delightful weekend...and I am not a bit jealous, no, not at all... ;-)

J

Cheryl said...

Love the photo. I want to be on the sailboat out there. Sigh.