Thursday, June 02, 2005

There they go again...

Never a dull moment when you live half a block a way from a fire station. Both engines just went racing down the street with lights & sirens blaring.. I hope it's not something tragic like a house fire..I hear there was one over the weekend that took the lives of a mother & her two children. It's just so sad. Oh good.. Both of the firetrucks just came back up the street.. guess it was nothing after all (this time). Speaking of sad... My good friend, Kristen, got some very bad news today... one of her sisters has been diagnosed with breast cancer. We have lunch together & she found out just before our lunch break... Not the best 30 minutes of my day.. I just felt awful for her & her family.. But what do you say.. what can you say??

2 comments:

LarryandJean said...

You hug her and you cry with her and you talk about how the cure rate is increasing every year and that is about all you can do. It's hard. :-(

J

SBH said...

I did all that,, just wish I could do more : (