Monday, January 30, 2006

The Check is in the Mail.....

Well actually.. It should have been delivered today by 3:00................... I have had a busy few days.. Lots of paperwork. Thursday afternoon I signed my POA letter & had it notarized. Friday morning I was off the the Secretary of the Commonwealth office to have the POA & my homestudy verified.. then off to the post office.. had to send those two documents to NY to the Guatemalan Consulate for authentication (along with a postage paid, pre-addressed express mail envelope for the consulate to then forward the documents to the adoption agency in Oklahoma) Saturday morning I was up bright & early.. off to the bank to get a cashiers check for a big hunk of cash.. then off to have more paperwork notarized, including 3 copies of the "adoption agreement" or contract. Then it was off to the post office again to express mail this packet of paperwork to Oklahoma.. They should have that now & they should have the documents that had to go to NY by the end of the week. It has only been a few days since I got the email.. But already it feels like forever ago.

No comments: